Important Patient Information
We hope that you and your family are healthy and well. Our community has seen a lot of changes recently, but we all are looking forward to resuming a sense of normalcy. Of all the changes that have ensued, one thing remains certain: our commitment to your health and safety.
Southam Dental has always made infection control a top priority. Our team tailors each patient experience so that your dental care is both safe and comfortable. We want to make you aware of the infection control changes that we are making in our practice that will keep our team, and you safe.
As you will know, the Prime Minister has confirmed that public restrictions have now been eased.
However for Dental practices certain regulations will remain and we would ask that you abide by these when visiting the practice. In line with the Government’s guidance, England’s Chief Dental Officer Sara Hurley has informed us that the infection prevention control measures in dentistry should continue to be followed until further notice.
This guidance has been made with the safety of you and our staff in mind. You will see these changes take place at your next appointment.
- You will no longer be asked screening questions when you schedule an appointment. But you may be asked questions when you arrive.
- We will no longer be social distancing in the practice.
- The door is now open and we are not operating a Locked Door system.
- The public toilet in the practice is now open.
- We will ask that you use hand sanitizer that we provide when you enter the practice.
- Please bring your own face covering if you have one if you do not you will be given a face mask to wear on your appointment – this is following government guidelines for Dental Practices.
- Payments will still be taken prior to you going into the surgery as we are still operating a one way system around the practice.
- All magazines, children’s toys, and such have been removed from our waiting room because these items cannot be disinfected thoroughly.
- Our goal is to allow more time between patients to reduce your wait time and the number of patients checking in or out.
We look forward to seeing your smile again. Should you have any questions about our new processes or need to schedule an appointment, please contact our practice at 01926814527 or email us at email@example.com
We express much gratitude to you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you soon!